Fostering a welcoming learning environment. Inspiring students. Increasing the joy and satisfaction of teaching.
Can I help your teaching staff learn about new educational technologies, learning activities or professional skills? I customize keynote presentations and workshops to suit your learning institution’s professional development needs. Here is a sampling of some of my previous offerings:
- Spice of Life: How student “foodie” videos teach about diversity.
- Team “reading sprees” and comics: Awakening to Truth and Reconciliation.
- Using comics to rehearse best practice: An example of moving from by-standing to upstanding to sexism and homophobia.
- Creating Comics to Deepen Student Reflections, Increase Engagement and Have More Fun!
- Your Life Outside the Box: using your own stories about the young and old heroes in your life to learn a playful and deep way to reflect on your personal and professional journey.
- Online meetings: methods, manners, and messages.
- The truth about resentment. Do you resent it when someone tells you to “let go” of your resentment?
- Work place bullying and right relationships: A special focus on gossiping.
- Self care during stressful times.
- Yearning for kind words at work.
- “iPad for Beginners” and “iPad for Professionals,”
- Let’s Start at the Very Beginning: Mac for beginners.
- Equity in the Classroom: A presentation on sexism, racism, ablism, etc. in the University classrooms.